For the country club theme party, I am asking the residents to dress in their tennis and golf outfits. They love getting dressed for the party and the men really like it when it means that they do not have to wear a jacket into the dining room!
Here are some ideas that I have for the evening. If you have any, please share them with us!!
- Use plaid to decorate the serving tables
- Use a tennis racket (with the head covered in plastic wrap) to serve cheese balls or other hors oeuvres on
- Make a country club style "crest" that represents our community and place it in a prominent place for the party
- Have a putting area for the residents to golf inside.
- Get some used golf balls and craft items, and have a table for the residents to decorate the balls. (I might do that in the afternoon and have them on display for the evening.)
- Ask the residents to dress as a golf or tennis pro and play a game called "Who am I?" Those who are dressed would be asked not to answer the question, who are you, but could answer any other question asked of them regarding the pro that they are portraying. The person who guesses the most correct pros would be the winner. (Residents would need a note pad and pen for this activity.)
- Decorations could be pictures of tennis and golf pros, golf pictures, tennis pictures (from calendars work well), hanging tennis rackets, golf clubs in their bag out in strategic places, a large clear vase with tennis balls and/or golf balls in it, and a tennis ball cut in half with photos/clip art of well-know golf and tennis logos coming out of it (this could be done from a hanging tennis ball also.)
- Show the movie Caddy Shack after dinner and serve pop corn