It is the month of love and today I ask you, do you love your job like you use to? After being in the field of recreation with seniors for almost 30 years, I can still say yes. But, let's be truthful, I won't say that I would say yes every day of the year.
Here are some of the reasons that I still love my job. I hope that by sharing these with you that you will take the time to consider your situation and find that you have similar reasons to be glad you are an activities director.
- The appreciation of the residents
- The diversity of the day's tasks
- The experiences I've had that I might not have had otherwise
- Cultural experiences
- Reasons to dress up, get in costumes
- Learning life lesson from worldly residents
- Does and don'ts for a good marriage
- How to treat your elderly parents
- How to be a classy woman
- The value of faith
- Strength in difficult times
- Professional growing opportunities through a great company
- The opportunity to bring happiness to the residents and their families
Happy Valentine's Day to you! I hope that as you decorate your community you will stop and smell the roses around you and find that love is in the air.