Here are a few game ideas for New Year's Eve that after looking on-line, I feel will work for the seniors in my retirement community. They are pretty easy to get done at the last minute...... pick one, shake up the normal routine for the evening and make your party special!
I Resolve …Write as many New Year resolutions as you can think of on slips of paper. Make them as serious and silly as you like. Fold them and put them in a basket. Ask your guests to take one. If they don't think the resolution is for them, they have to try to give it away to someone else. Have them read their resolution out to the others beginning with "I resolve…" Some New Year game suggestions are:
• Save money. • Eat more chocolate. • Lose weight.
• Exercise less. • Spend more time with friends.
• Spend more money on a loved one. • Play more with your children. • Quit smoking. • Quit drinking. • Read more.
• Talk less. • Make more money. • Give more money to charity.
• Eat honey instead of sugar. • Get a new career.
• Find a new love. • Adopt a dog. • Give up caffeine.
• Learn a new hobby. • Roller skate to work.
• Resolve any problems of the heart. • Go to Church more often.
• Do more volunteer work. • Go on holidays to somewhere romantic. • Surf the net more. • Surf the net less. • Renew old acquaintances.
• Ride a bike. • Stop making resolutions.
Month Guessing Game - Go through old magazines from the past year, look on kine and print itmes of interest, or to your local library to search through old news articles. Find the events that took place in the past year. Make a list of these events, and ask your guests to guess which month the event took place in. Whoever guesses the most right wins a prize.
This next game is a great spectator sport for New Year's Eve. Set up several groups of two people. These people will compete with each other. Two partners stand face-to-face, arms extended, palms touching. Either blindfold each person or have them close their eyes. Have them turn around five times and try to find their partners palms again and return to their original positions without looking.
And the last game idea is to ask each of your guests write down 5 resolutions, each on its own slip of paper. Pull one slip of paper out of a basket at a time and read it out loud. Everyone has to write down who they think made each resolution. At the end of the readings, the person who guessed the most correctly wins a prize. Read some of the wrong guesses out loud for fun!
ps.I'd give credit to the sites that I took these from, but they were listed on multiple sites, so I thought that it was fair game to post here for you.